Saturday, August 02, 2003

So, there was this ladder

...and I was it moving while on top of a roof for work, it was a 4 part, jointed, aluminum ladder. I was stuck on the roof cause the way the ladder was set, I could only get to the roof, not down again. So after like 10 minutes of trying to figure out how I was going to get down, I funally decided I needed to pull the ladder up, flip it over, and then put down again in another, more stable and even spot. While i had the ladder above my head, on this small roof, one end was heavier than the other, so I pushed it up, released my hand, and then shot it down the ladder so as to get a more balanced grip. When I did, I thought, "Huh. That hurt a bit, I wonder if its going to bruise?". I then put the ladder the way I wanted and thought it strange that the ladder kinda slipped out of my hands as I set it to its more favorable position. Then I saw more of my own blood on the outside of my body then I ever have before. It was literally pouring from a huge gash on my thumb, and I couldn't wipe away the blood fast enough to see just how large the wound was, it kept spilling more and more blood. All I knew was that it was large, in charge, and deep as a mofo. Took me about 2 seconds to decend the ladder, then I had to find the keys to let me back in the hotel, then go down the stairs to the front desk to ask where the nearest hospital was, then go to the nearest hospital (which was Cedars-Sinai, I was on Pico and Beverly, traffic was sweet.), then get fixed, then go back to work and clean up my mess, then go home. If there was any question as to where I left my tools, all I needed to do was follow the blood trail I left on the ground and door knobs....

I required anywhere from 6 - 10 stitches, I lost count....

All in all, good day, though no surfing for me for a week, and it is a beautiful day here...