Sunday, July 27, 2003

Happy anniversary, fux0rs!

Did some fun gamin' today. It was nice to get together, at last.

On the book... I honestly wouldn't mind a spiral-bound. I know you guys think, "Spiral-bound, whatta piece of shit," but listen up. I've seen a few non-coffee-mug-type-things from CafePress, ie the lunchboxes, and they are not necessarily fantastic quality. I'm worried that the "perfect binding" will in fact be the type of perfect binding which, like my copies of the Paranoia, Ghostbusters, and Tales From the Floating Vagabond RPGs, as well as my copy of Book 2 of the Chronicles of Xanth, rapidly disintegrates, leaving you with a cover, a few sections of book, and several pieces of dried, crumbled glue.

Is spiral binding cheaper? Is there any reason we could not save the text in multiple sizes and offer both options?

(BTW, one of the neatest things about Mac OS X is that you can easily save anything, in any program, as a PDF, through the Print command. This is a mighty handy feature.)