Thursday, August 21, 2003

actually, yes. that IS a tumor.

im just about to put up a beat-cd of mine thru cafepress to check it out and see how it comes out. im probably going to price it at $12.00 (so i make a whoppin 3 fuckin bucks profit!) if strangers buy it, but if any of you wanna get it, i'll probably do a bulk order which will make them like $6 bucks a pop. BUT, first i wanna just order 1 to see how the quality of the packaging and cd comes out. the base price is friggin $8.99! Thats a lot, but since I have $0.o0 in my pocket, i gotta go with what'll work. Just givin you guys a heads up. Im not trying to be a cheap jerk either. i could always just burn you the music, but it just seems like it'll be cool if its all packaged nice. im photoshoppin away as we speak. go seabiscuit.

Added: I was also thinking of doing that bulk order (15+ copies) and then sending a few to
cdbaby.com If you guys aren't familiar with them, its a pretty cool independent cd-store kind of thing, where you send them your cd and for a one-time fee of $35.00 they setup a little website for it (cdbaby.com/yourname) and they sell it, keeping only $4.00 per cd sold. So, if I priced my cd for $12, I'd make $8 (minus the cost of the cd.) But then, if it cost me $6 bucks in the first place (from stupid cafepress) then I'm REALLY barely making $2 bucks. ugh. Seems like the exposure from cdbaby is pretty nice though (strictly SMALL numbers though, you know.) Maybe I can just send a few over there for the hell of it, and stir up some interest. I dunno. Just using this blog to "vocalize" some schtuffin.

-Dave Grayvis