Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Tell me somthing I dont already know.

Yeah Ja-eL... I bought that drive a few months before all the IBM drives of the 60GXP lineage started to show a fatal flaw. When I bought it, the drive was the fastest drive available and IBM had up to that point a solid history of reliability. SO much for that. IBM's disk drive division is no more. They sold the wares to Hitachi, but they still develop magnetic disk drive technology. IBM has always been big with R&D. Back to the old stand by Western Digg with the next drive. Aside from their shaky period of low price/performance ratio in the late 90s they have been a pretty good company.

Wish I could make it to MM. They have a couple of really cool rdies I have not been on yet. But I am not really up for putting on 700 miles on my car in one day. Still trying to keep those down.

Off to see the wizz'urd