Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Go Go Gadget Harddrive... Whats that sound?

Well, I am about ready to go to sleep when I hear a odd sound emminating from my computer case. The telltale sound of a failing HD. I can hear the actuator going from the begining cyclinder to the end cyclinder. D'oh.. So I figure it is one of the four year old drives from Aimey's computer. Nope.. The newest drive, with both my old C: drive and my K: (winXP drive). Stupid IBM drive. Warm start it and it wont post. Had to cold boot iot to get it up okay. I had a fear it would do this to me. That line of drives has become notorious for crashing prematurely. I bought that piece of shit 15 months ago. Yeah.. All the important data is on that one. Well, had to order a new drive and I am going to keep the computer off until I get the new drive. Minimize the chances of it failing with all my data.

Rudy: That ASCII Matrix was pretty damn cool. If you view it from a distance (Like 10-15 feet) it looks pretty darn good.

Signing off

PS if I get my login at work sometime this decade I will have I-net @ work. RULE! New Job = Good. Lack of e-mail @ work != good.