Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Wow, that really Sucked!

Ok, so I know my name is mud on the blog -- and has been for some time having read the back posts, but hey guys I'm still alive -- barely! Since I saw you all last -- or even since my last post -- my life has been a long dull miserable hell consisting of rowing practice, writing, programming analyses so that my PhD research doesn't flop, working in VBA, realising it sucks, preparing for a conference in Vienna -- getting funding for a conference in Vienna, making my paper not entirely suck for the conference in Vienna, followed by more rowing practice and a healthy helping of "Michael Anderson special nasal disease" organising the entertainments for the entire graduate community of my college, realising I'm way over budget, etc. etc. etc... I've been rushing around so much I've not even been allowed the luxury of allowing the action team web page to load properly before I have to go and search for something else -- doh! Living in isolation is really FAN-tastic - and doesn't damage your mental health or anything... So why is Hemo in Texas? Don't tell me he's moved to Texas... please no! Sorry to hear about your pains Mr. Oetersen -- if you like my Mum (the yogi) may be able to suggest some exercises to help as I know she suffers from sciatic nerve problems too. Anyway, let me know if you want me to ask. Also sorry to hear about the car Nron -- sucius maximus.
So in other news, I just heard about the museum/national library in Iraq buring down/looting story - thank God the oil production machinery was safely guarded by our troops! Who wanted to know anything about the ancient Babylonians anyway? Guess we never will now. In other fantastic news, my Aunt and Uncle's cat, a great favourite of mine, ran across the street and straight into a wall, smashing her own skull. Super. My life is great.