Thursday, April 17, 2003

Ah... Humanity


Good transcript Rude... not sure it was completely accurate, but hey, it gets the point across. I'm sure all the dead innocent Iraqis are glad for Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL). Never mind, though because the oil will keep flowing and soon we'll rebuild their country with their own money -- sweet, and Dick Chaney's old company will make millions on it. Sweet, file under tout de.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked about the museums and the national library going up in smoke, now all of the fantastic (and believe me, they were fantastic on the scale of King Tut's tomb) finds which were stored there will gradually reappear in wealthy investor's private collections, having lost all relevance for archaeological research - - great. And of course, those records, you know Lawrence of Arabia's private correspondence, precious manuscripts that somehow survived the Mongolian invasions, well, they are so much charcoal in George W.'s BBQ. At least the little no-arm boy will know that he's free, right?

Wow, sorry to be in such a downer mood, but I agree that the world is a bit fucked up right now. Sorry to have been gone from the Blog for so long -- believe me, it weren't my decision! In brighter news, I'm thinking of buying as PS2 -- finally -- What do you guys think? Is it time to wait for the next thing, or is that still a good investment? I need some R&R and GTA3 seems like the way to do it -- besides, it will mean that my PhD will suck even worse than it already does, so that way I'll have to come home! Ok, I've got to get to work again... doh!