Thursday, December 19, 2002

Mickey D's Hack N Slash Franchise

Hey yall! Jon Oetersen beat me to the punch on the Rings Kings, so I'm just going to add to his review. Overall it was a good movie! It's not surprising that Mr. Oeteropers agrees with me on this movie just because D&D seems to be our mutual nerdy curse. So perhaps this is one of the few exceptions.

Anyhow moving on, Gollum was ok... I didnt' like the fact that his accent reminded me of Jar Jar Binks (Jamaican accent). It gave me the nauseating shiver all over again, but gollum played out fairly well and it was good. But throughout gollums entire appearance, I was kept at the edge of my seat fearing "will he begin sounding like Jar Jar". It was uneasy to say the least.

For Fight fans, D&D raves, and Special Effect geeks, this is the perfect combination of all three. Most of the combat scenes were obviously done with Digital Graphics. Wished there were a little more realism there, (like Excalibur) but I guess with the attempt to cinematically make the movie with Epic army proportions, it would have been expensive and difficult proposition.

The movie went a lot faster than the first one, with much less character developement and frugal love scenes. There were constant fighting one scene after the other, which was tied in fairly well with some plot developement.

Good good good, movie set in medieval times!
Jael