Monday, December 16, 2002

Camping is fun

I went camping with my non-Action Team homiez in the Anzo-Borrego desert on Saturday/Sunday. It wasn't at a campsite, we just turned off the road and drove around until we found a good spot. Matt drove the SUV, and it was the first time I've ever seen, or heard of, a sport utility vehicle being used in the way that they are advertised on TV.

The desert is pretty in a stark way, not the yellow beach-sand kind of desert but the brown, scrubby, mountainous kind of desert, out by the Salton Sea. We sort of expected freezing sleet, but actually it was so warm that I wore a T-shirt most of the night, and Ziskin was in his underwear for 90% of the trip. It got cold and started blowing hard, but only late at night after we'd all retired for the evening. Keeping my doctor's orders in mind I had 10 beers, chips and salsa, Chipotle, s'mores, spam & eggs, coffee, and In n' Out burger over the course of the weekend. I didn't suffer any dyspepsia though. I am beginning to think that it's mainly caffeine which triggers it because I had only 1 cup of coffee the whole weekend and it didn't bother me. But today I had two cups of coffee and a few cups of tea and it started brutalizing me in the afternoon. We took a three-hour hike and climbed up a huge mountain (Jordan and Janice sat this one out). We got sort of lost on the way back, that was cool.

I'm glad Mike is back. Good for hiim! That lousy fuck. I can say that because he'll never read it. I'm down to hang around later this week (got a lot of hanging out with Jordan to do, including seeing Two Towers on Wednesday--I was gonna try to see it with you guys but he got hooked up with tickets at the Bridge, now let the half-assed guilt tripping begin...). It would be fun to try to replicate the exact circumstances under which we saw Fellowship though, that is, with Aaron and Eric and Dave wearing his DON'T CROSS THE NAZIS! shirt. Good times!