Monday, July 21, 2014

| Microscope and The Strain

Microscope:  I'm in!  I might be the one with some scheduling issues this week, but time will tell.  Maybe we just do Thursdays at 9:30 and see what happens?  Maybe that's our weekly RPG hour, and if we can't get enough folks to show we just play something else for the hour?  Thoughts?

The Strain: On to the 3rd book and it's pretty good?  The good - the buildup in the first book and the utterly deeply depressing shitstorm at the end of the 2nd and start of the 3rd; no punches pulled, for sure.  The bad - sort of became a little too actiony, but maybe I'm only noticing because it felt more police procedural and less pulpy through most of the 1st book.  Either way, I'm still compelled to read and finish it and I can totally see stealing bits of it for DW (if it ever comes to actually playing)