Tuesday, May 21, 2013

| Slumdog Millionairess

It's a purchase from a group I represent.  One of my clients, introduced to me from a friend, contacted me last weekend.  At first I thought it was maybe one or two individuals interested to look around vegas but not yet settled on buying.  There's a lot of shoppers these days as people feel the property markets are rebounding.  Vegas has dropped over 60% for the past few years, and since last year the market has rebounded around 10% or so.  So far those that invested last year made some money already.  Lo and behold, that weekend comes 2 families with their kids on a saturday in rags and t-shirts and my first though was great, what a motley crew!  My second thought was this might be a waste of time since they must be looking for residential houses or maybe a great dim sum restaurant to have lunch!  But as the discussion drew deeper, she turned out to be a Mega Mining Mogul.  She only showed me the proof of funds from one bank statement and it was enough to purchase several commercial properties I have in my portfolio.  Never judge a book by it's covers I guess is the lesson I learned.  Humbled.

Ended up that weekend was the busiest weekend in my life.  I had scramble for information on several properties, do some preparation, and present the properties.  The one they bought is a 33000 sq foot, 3 story medical plaza, with a 2 level covered parking garage amenity. This is a much shortened version, but later this week, they sent me an offer letter, and after several counter offers and back and forth tirades with the opposing agent, we came to a Giganten compromise.  Another property I showed them is a Whole Foods shopping center with over 400 parking spaces around 80,000 sq foot.  It is likely they might invest in that with me down the next few months.

 Thus in a nutshell, I'm friggin stoked.

If I wasn't meeting with my family this weekend and having a getogether with my brother and family for memorial day, I'd fly over and join my faithful band of compatriots for drink as I am much more relaxed about work now.  I think I found my calling!   I have finally found a use for my  bizness acumen, game-fault finding logic and Space Marine fortitude in something I might acually excel in.  Did I mention unbelievably good-looks that asian women find unresistable?