Monday, November 26, 2012

| Cayucos and Beyond!

After much confusion with the rental agency, I have finally received the rental agreement in the (e)mail!  Next step: pay the nice people for the right to live in their house for the weekend!  Step before that step: Pay Elzar some money upfront so the hit doesn't come to the old bank account at once!  The total cost out of pocket is $1,976.30 with $500 of that coming back at the end (security deposit), so how about it fellas - scrilla for the Thrilla from Aptosilla?  IIRC those to attend:

Elzar
Enron
jr0n
R00d
Pumpkin
Dave Defeat
Blackheart
Motorbyke
and possibly Oriental Rugs and Lost Wages.  So that puts us at either ~ $184 or $147ish a head.

 - For those of you with kids and an iPad and a desire to give the kid something to do that may or may not help them learn algebra concepts from like age 4 and up to 12th grade (I think), check out Dragonbox+.  Wylie is hooked for better or worse and I have fun with it too.  It basically turns the concepts of algebra into a non-numeric valued puzzle using monster icons.  It's very interesting and at a certain point I hit this 'a-ha' moment where "I see what you're doing there".

 - No brewing for me yet.  Haven't had the time, materials, energy, or equipment to do a batch - maybe you should come down for inspiration and we can have a brew day?

- For what it's worth, I'm a CISSP now.