Sunday, October 07, 2012

| ManConeeples

These DnDeeples aren't really ManCon related, but I'll be excited to be able to show off my pimped out Lords of Waterdeep next time we all meetup. They're custom made by a Canadian dude who sells them off of BGG. Friggen pro quality - amazing how much flavor you can get from a not-wooden-block.
The white ones are clerics, orange fighters, black are rogues (hard to see in this crap pic) and purple are wizards.

In iOS gaming news, my latest obsession is God of Blades. It's got this rad 70s prog-rock scifi/fantasy vibe to it and it has unlockable swords that you can only unlock by visiting an actual library. That's hot. It's sword fighting that's sort of timing based and I find it pretty addictive.

There's also a version of the board games Alien Frontiers out for iPad only that's decent. No online multiplayer, but the AI is okay and it has pass-n-play. Never played the real game but was always on the fence about picking it up. Played a few games now and I'm enjoying it. Don't know if I'll buy the physical game yet, but glad I finally got to try it.