Friday, September 28, 2012

| Yowza

In reverse order, Cliff Burton, the original Cliffy B, was pretty badass. It's sad that all I can think about when he comes up is that Jason Newstead was basically paid and treated as a session musician from the moment he came on after Cliff, until he left. Talk about getting fucked. I wonder what direction they would have taken had he lived.

Off! Jesus christ, THAT'S Keith Morris! 57 years old, fuck. He looks tired and old and thoroughly put through the wringer, but he still has an awesome voice! But his old man eyes make me feel so bad. Wikipedia says he's been sober since 89 which I hope is true! (Just fell down the YouTube rabbit hole and watched an hour long interview with Keith Morris!)

I've heard the hell out of that one really popular "fun" song "We Are Young" - they sound really good but talk about over exposure! The one you linked I haven't really heard too much, but I'm cringing thinking about that radio edit.

Enron - you always have cool music on your idevices and go to even cooler shows and events.