Wednesday, August 22, 2012

r00d, for sure Facebook is a big problem that way, which is why I stopped using it about two years ago. I just don't like the lack of transparency in what is private and what is public. You never really know what is viewable to others or the Internet and the damn privacy settings change all the time without notice. At least with [AT] and Google+, it is pretty straight forward. Although, you can not really control when people tag you :(

I am glad people seem to like the images and the story line. The mask idea was jr0n's brainchild. I ran with it and pulled some photos from the wedding, past Kublas and ManCons. The script was a last minute whim. As I walked through the photos on the site, the story just seemed to write itself. I will try and do this on future ones.

Pictures of older [AT] members/pre-members gets to be dicey at a certain point. eLzar, you and I may need to rip through the old 35mm negative archives for viable images. What was surprising, although it shouldn't be, is that I don't commonly have pictures close enough that a blow-up looks okay. Even less common are compositions oriented as a frontal portrait and not a profile. Even with all the hundreds of photos of eLzar in my archives, not many were up to snuff. In fact two were pulled from the wedding images. That all being said, I am totally game for some more photo shenanigans. It was really fun shooting these and putting together stories.

I tell you, watching each other walk around with those masks was pretty damn creepy. And yes the images are totally sized right for "I'm having a big head day. Big Head, Big Head, Big Fat Head" eLzar. Just sayin'... Olive Head!

D>M>