Saturday, October 15, 2011

That is up there in my top five or so theater moments for sure. The top in terms of sheer intensity is undoubtedly being scared shitless by Empire at the tender age of five. Nothing can ever beat that. As an adult, the most intense/bizarre was when Rude, JP and I saw AI and we started laughing, along with done other people, at the utterly idiotic final act of the movie. It just got harder and harder to contain as it got stupider, and spread through the crowd. It built and built and in the last ten minutes of the movie we and at least half the audience were just ROARING with laughter. I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt, and at the end of it, I felt totally emotionally drained. It was a unique cathartic experience.

The funny thing was that I was like, shushing the other guys most of the movie because I really liked most of it and they had hated the entire running length. But when we got to the part where the robot/alien offers the robot kid a cup of coffee, for no reason, and it's shot and performed just like a fucking instant coffee commercial, the dam just broke.