Thursday, October 13, 2011

| Dreadfeet

So I too succumbed to the Dreadfleet and I kinda like it!

The mini's are awesome, the play mat is so huge that Wylie used it as a blanket while we watched Tron v1.0 yesterday, and looking at the rules, it looks exactly like what I want in a GW boat game: simple, visceral, not too fiddly, random, eventful, fluffy, and fun.

The mini's are awesome, did I mention that? The main boat, Sigmar's Hammer, is SO BIG! I like the idea of fleets and army lists and all that you would get from Dystopian Wars or that other fantasy boat game that is out, but I also like that I'm old, have limited time, and I never have to buy anything for this game again - it is complete out tha box.

Wylie and I built and primed Sigmar's Hammer last night; looking forward to busting out my (undoubtedly dried-up) paints and gettin' to work!

Denis: I'll start painting the good-guy ships, you start on the bad-guy ships, and possibly when we meet in the middle, we will have a full set painted between us?