Monday, May 16, 2011

| Boba ENT

Ok-

The medical profession has failed for me.

After visiting 5 doctors
2 votes - for surgery
3 votes - for youre alright, not much can be done
out of these 3, 1 vote is actually, we can try again, but no guarantees it will cure your problem

Mein Kamph:
The conclusion after seeing so many doctors and getting all these viewpoints is that apparently the septoplasty that I had was done "appropriately", however there is still a slight deviation of the septum towards one side. The deviation is minor though, probably 1 or 2 mm, which is acceptable in terms of septum deviation.
The doctors can try to get it more straighter, but there's no guarantees of straightness and if they can get it all the way aligned in the middle. They probably just don't want to give a guarantee, as with all surgery they can try. One doctor mentioned he had a 90% improvement possibility, which leaves 10% to remain the same? OR worse?

So is there room for me to consider another surgery to attempt to get the septum a bit straighter and less crooked, to fix that 1 or 2 millimeter of Convex shape and take the risk?

Damned if I don't, damned if I do. I just wished the previous doctor did a better job, because ultimately although he did an passable job, it was obviously not 100%, or even 90% well done. I'd probably rank it between a 75% or 80%. Ryan probably had one that was pretty well done. I had 2 friends with rhinoplasties without any problems either.

Just my freakin luck. I could use some advice/support.