Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This Minecraft stuff is pretty cool! Liked the article Rude. Maybe I'll give it a spin once I hit 80 with my main in WoW :((

That video with the guy's house lighting on fire was HILARIOUS. The wifey and I were just busting a gut watching it. It's got all the elements of humor:
- funny accent
- buildup (the guy is so tedious in the minute or so leading up to "the incident")
- escalation (the moment when the bookshelf lights on fire, just BLIP, and then he tries to put it out, and just keeps failling)
- simplicity (the wifey had never heard of the game before, but was instantly able to grasp the concept)
- harmless pain/humiliation ('cuz that house MUST have taken a while to build)

Anyway. Picked up the new Rock Band and a keyboard. I didn't really ever click to drums so I thought it'd be fun to learn a new instrument, and it is really fun! The interface is really weird, but after a few songs I was sort of starting to get a feel for what I'm doing. I'm no Viv Savage, though.