Thursday, June 03, 2010

| Random Stuff

First of all, here's my lunch from Tuesday. I believe this makes me eligible for the Vice-Presidency of Chili Dog Nation:



Let me put this in context because the picture doesn't do it justice. This is a one-half pound hot dog (approx. 1' long) sliced in half, smothered in chili and enclosed in a lightly buttered bun served with a half pound of fries, from Burgermeister. I wish there were two of them, but this is cool.

Here's what else is on my mind-grapes:

1. Warhammer Invasion: I've bought the first five expansions. I am not buying the elf expansion because elves are stupid. Aeryk, I accept your challenge to Find the Fun. I'm going to see if the most demoralized of my team members is interested in playing the game at lunch.
2. Rogue Trader: Was hella fun. The world and feel are great. I am going to convert it to Savage Worlds, though, because who needs all that complexity? As long as I convert over the flavor of the psychic powers and use those tables and the crit charts, I don't think anything else is lost in translation. Stay tuned 'cause this is getting run online....
3. Job: I have a new one! New job, same company, starting the day of my layoff, in a role I'm much more excited about (producer). It pays about 10% more with 50% less responsibility and 75% less bullshit. I'm looking forward to getting out of QA, at least temporarily until the company gets permanently closed down and I'm laid off again.