Tuesday, June 01, 2010

| Great Time

Another good con has come and gone and I too am feeling the physical after effects - for some reason my knee is feeling pain in a way it never has before, my shoulders ache, I feel bloated, and I still am in sort of a haze, but it's all good, yo. Some notes:

- I have started obsessing over Horus Heresy and sad that I could not complete my game with Enron, I really really want to play that game again and see just how different the first scenario would play out - it was already looking totally different from the learning game I had played earlier in the day.

- Leaping lemmings was fun, better with more people, with probably a sweet spot of 4 players. Although the overlooked scatter rule would prolly change the 3 player game significantly too. I like it.

- Wizard was fantastic again. Great game played in Scalini's.

- I like the Rouge Trader world, good times! The Rouge must flow!

- Being able to sell off parts of my old gaming life to pay for my new Kubla experiences and game purchases is awesome. I think I will probably have another fairly strong selloff next year, but might have hit my critical mass for worthwhile games after that. It's cool coming home from Kubla with more money in my pocket than I left with.

- Despite the amount of beer and gin consumed all weekend, I never really felt I was buzzed. Maybe during the flea bag market, but other than that, I mostly felt bloated and tired. While eating some BBQ on Monday, Leslie and I had a gin and tonic and I felt buzzed after 1/3 of my drink was gone, go figure.

- If everyone was okay with paying their part and it didn't break the bank, I think we should get the Regency Room option every year. I loved the free coffee and I certainly replaced paying for some meals with eating food up there, and it wasn't all that bad.

- I <3 Kubla but always feels like it's too short to catch up with everyone I don't get to see more than once a year.

- So, should we start scheduling and planning an official Man Con III somewhere more accessible to all of the Action Team in the future? My vote is yes.