Saturday, February 28, 2009

| Warmachine Stats

Those are very interesting stats. That is truly sweet that you compiled them sir. My hats off to you for doing something normally reserved for the likes of my statistical nerdiness. Without looking at the stats, I would wager a guess that the trollbloods played a significant part in killing your percentage. They took you quite some time to master, except for of all things, against my caster, Ashlynn. Food for thought.

Myke unbeatable with Severus? Even knowing this and remembering having issues fighting Severus, I still dislike the Harbinger quite a bit more. Is that logical? I guess even the statistician can be fooled by memory coloration.

Okay, my sleep schedule is driving me nuts. No matter what time I go to bed, I can't sleep past 5am. Grrrr... On the other hand, I feel human and energetic today for the first time since I left Italy.

eLzar: I will make a concerted effort to listen to the D&D Podcast based upon your recommendations. The description does sound quite cool. I have to admit that I have never listened to a true Podcast. Not because of some dislike for them or some psychological avoidance; but because I am a lazy arse. I do, however, enjoy me some D&D and Wil is an interesting nerd. I rather enjoy reading his columns. He just seems to have an insightful, agreeable and often humorous perspective.

I know you are all excited to hear that I am over halfway through sorting and selecting my photos from Italy. Yay! The only downside to digital is that it is too easy to take photos. Since we all LOVE stats...

1st trip, 2000, Europe, 17 days, 35mm SLR film: 210 photos.
2nd Trip, 2004, Italy, 17 days, Point & click digital: 1,072* photos.
3rd trip, 2009, Tuscany, 18 days, Digital SLR: 3,322 photos (~29.5 GB).

*I lost an unaccounted number due to a corrupted SD flash card. Likely I had about 150 on that card when it failed just after exiting St. Peter's Basilica.

Now this may seem excessive, but given I had 14 actual days of shooting, an average of 10 hours of daily wandering, 3 images per shot (for lighting) and about 5% bad shots deleted on the spot. 3322 * .95 / 14 / 10 / 3 = approximately 7.5 shots per hour or roughly one every 8 minutes. That's not too ridiculous right? Or am I fooling myself?

Also, on my first day back at work, I received a title promotion. You know the one. Where your get a new title and additional responsibilities, but nothing else immediately tangible. I think jr0n is familiar with this type if I am not mistaken. Now normally I would say this is assy nipples and what happened to financial growth; however, given the joke that is our economy and the fact that not a single person in our company/parent company received a raise this year, I am just glad I am not on the street corner. What it does mean for me is opportunity for continued growth and it also brings my title more in line with the work I perform. Yay me... boo Bush!

D>M>