Monday, January 05, 2009

| Yay one year closer to the grave!

Completely vegetated these past weeks. Turned into a disgusting compost mound in front of my computer. Played lots of Fallout 3, some WoW and watched too much anime. Now that's the kind of lifestyle the ladies love.

I ended up buying a game called Hybrid. It is made by Rackham. Imagine Space Hulk except it's fantasy, and it's only interesting to me. Who's up for a game? I do like the fact that like Space Hulk, it is a two player game and comes with missions. No DMs doing the majority of the work like Descent or Heroquest. The only obstacle is actually painting the miniatures. Because I know finding another player is cake. Right? Right?

I actually ended up stopping by Third Planet today. They closed yesterday, so today they were doing inventory and such. Apparently someone bought their assets and plans to reopen in a new incarnation. Don't know what the new store will be or how long that will last, but here's hoping for the local gaming store. Oh yeah, there was an online article about the closing done by the Daily Breeze. There was a funny (and by funny I mean soul crushingly sad) part in the article about a recruiter coming into the store looking for candidates for the show Beauty and the Geek.

And finally, I don't think I'll be able to make it to Man-Con this time. Booooo! Roleplaying is for losers anyway. Real men go to Skid Row and harass the homeless.