Thursday, January 08, 2009

| Hybrid Always Seemed Interesting

Just not enough for me to get REALLY interested in it. You know me, I will gladly play a dungeoncrawl/space hulk HYBRID next time our paths cross!

- Half way through The Dark Knight and I am enjoying it! The name of the disk however is "THE_DARK_NIGHT". I think the someone in the Chinese manufacturing department of the DVD replication company needs to have their pee pee whacked over this one.

- 2 nights ago we were awoken by Cleo giving the "I'm gonna F you up gutteral growl" outside our bedroom. Since Stampy was on the bed with us, we knew this could not be a good thing. Not two seconds after I jumped out of bed to see what was going on, Cleo attacked, then the most amazing and surreal series of events followed. This bestial form in the night took off running/scrambling through the house. First to the computer room where I heard more cat growls and some crashes, then out of the computer room, onto the kitchen counter and then leaped from the counter to the large window by the deck at full speed, rebounded off the window onto the dining room table, off the table and one jumped up the stairs into the bedroom, on the bed, and then jumped at the wall, rebounded, ran back out, cleared the stairs, into the living room, jumped over the TV against the wall behind it, jumped back out, ran towards the fireplace, turned around and ended up climbing the curtains to end its run on top of the curtain pole overlooking the living room.

It was a cat that looked VERY much like Stampy if he had some swelling in his forehead, and was dusty. Same markings, same paws, same everything. So in our half awakened state, we thought it was him and maybe he was being attacked by something, or was stung or whatnot. I mean, we were pretty close to the cat and were convinced it was him, just all jacked up. As we were trying to figure out the plan of attack on the rest of the darkened house to find the creature that did this to Stamp, Cleo walked into the room. Followed by Stampy.

Evidently, this was not Stampy, but a cat we had never seen in the neighborhood before that came in through our 'cat door/window' and got cornered and attacked by Cleo in the night. Thankfully, the cat was either too scared to care, or was tame enough that it let me pull it down off the curtain bar, and put him out the front door.

Took me like 2 hours to fall back asleep after all the adrenaline exited my system. I was wrecked at work the next morning, to say the least. Neat story.

- Thanks to a generous repayment of gold from Borst, as well as a very nice gift, I was able to get Docnorvell his epic mount, AND I hit 68 all in the same sitting! I am now in Northrend and it is a pretty cool place so far! I haven't played in a few days, and I finally received a solo WWII game I preordered in 2005, so I might not return to Northrend for the next few nights, but at least I made it!

-