Sunday, November 02, 2008

| Man-Con II!!!!(?)

Hope everyone is well!

Back in August Enron, Aeryk and I rented a room at the Embassy Suites and used it as the location of our mini con. It was really fun, because we focused on one thing (playing D&D) with little else to distract us, and it had a very different flavor from the normal fun of the cons, which are typically less focused.

I think we should do another one, and I think it would be great if another couple members of the Action Team could make it up! Holiday season is pretty crazy but I was thinking that sometime in late January or early February would work out. Would anybody be interested? Basically the idea would be to get a tight focus on one game (prob. D&D) with occasional breaks for free drinks in the "businessman's lounge," aka the lobby.

And when two o'clock rolls around, of course, it's time for rape. (According to EJ.)

Sound good to anyone? How about the timing?

Other notes:
* My proud character, Borst, is now level 55 and tearing shit up in the Plaguelands. Three more levels 'til the Outlands! Whoo-hoo!
* I wish Rudy was still playing, 'cause I could really use some new bags :[
* I have also been playing Fallout 3. Lots of fun so far. My first character was Gandhi's evil brother, Snake Gandhi, who never saw a situation he couldn't punch his way out of. While playing however I had two realizations. One was that I just do not like playing evil characters and can't stick with it. The other was that I was spending most of my time scrounging for junk (coffee cups, plates, etc.) and selling it. So I created my new character, Fred Sanford, master of repair, barter and shotguns. Every time I am near death I shout: "This is the big one! Elizabeth, I'm comin'!" I also make acerbic, yet insightful jabs about race. All in all it's a good game and I recommend it.