Thursday, November 06, 2008

| Irresponsibility Day

I awoke this morning with a funny feeling of dread. I logged in to my work email from home and realized why -- five solid hours of meetings scheduled today, most of them totally worthless. One of them during lunch!

I burned a sick day.

Man, I hate meetings.

Politics

I feel like a huge weight is off me for sure. Yes, the country is still fucked, and in four years we have to go through all this again, but at least for now things are undeniably better than they were a few days ago.

Enron, myself and our respective (and respectable) ladyfriends went over to a local sports bar/taco place to watch the results. We had barely settled in and started drinking when they announced the results. I don't even think it was eight o' clok! Amazing. And a biiiig first for our country.

Although I think I was not as pessimistic about this election as Aeryk was, I also expected some sheisty election fraud, although I thought it was going to come from the other direction. The morning of the election the RNC announced that they were basically going to sue for voter fraud if any counties fell outside expected results. I guess fortunately the ass-kicking Obama gave McCain was fairly well within expected results. And also so overwhelming that there was really no denying it. Still, they gotta fix these goddamn voting machines. They will be a problem in any election that is not a one legged ass kicking contest.