Friday, October 03, 2008

| Rudy and Ryan's Roundtable Blogcast

I think I found an acceptable name for it!

But yeah, it's cool me and Eric were able to get a cool Skype setup going that sounds pretty great so I think they only thing to do is start taping some conversations.

I listen to quite a few podcasts (mostly video game related, but also Astronomy and Old-Time Radio) and the ones that I enjoy and I think work best are the ones where it's just dudes sitting around bullshitting. If the people mix together well, there you go.

If we could get some of you dudes to call in on occasion, I think it'd be pretty fun (if for nothing else than for ME to talk to some of you guys more than once a year at Kubla.)

The kind of things I'm interested in listening to and talking about are things like DND 4th Ed. I have no group here, so I have to live vicariously through Jon and you guys talking about it. And of course, I'm a video game addict, but boardgames too. Just the sorta shit we talk about when we meet up at the convention.

I'm not a stickler for STRUCTURE and I don't think these things need to be taped so much in a "go for one hour LIVE and stick to the script!" Segments work fine, and that's where I think the whole "everyone's too busy" part can be worked with - Eric can call Aaron up on skype and they can talk about fucking auto-parts (Aaron's expertise!) or whatever. Get Dennis on to talk about painting mini's or whatever goofy stuff you guys feel like chatting about. And then I can slap the pieces together to form some thrashin-AT action/dramedy.

[Holding back tears] I just really miss you guys and want to hear your voices... do you still think about me? [Sob]