Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Oh man, that was pretty funny. Damn, pretty foul too! Like it looked SO fuckin real thru those spandex!!!! Oh my god, imagine if you saw that at a restraunt. Nice find!

Started workin on my novel last night... hahaha, sounds all fuckin' bad ass huh? I wrote like 600 words and its some pretty fuckin' random shit. The story so far: it's basically ME (with a different name) and like I'm in some kind of space zoo... fuck, hard to describe. Haven't really figured it out yet, but it's like imagine if some super omnipotent race plucked chunks of land from different times thru out human history (so like, a city from 2007, a city from 100 AD, Roman City, Cave Man Town, Victorian Village) Fuck if I know, but something like that, and then just threw them all together side by side on some new planet or whatever. I think the whole point of that setup is to be able to make some super-group/team/fellowship/whateverthefuckship with like a dude from our times, and roman soldier, a conquistador, a fuckin future dude, I don't fuckin know. Just some random shit, and then they can have hijinks together. The first page is just the main character talking about how he's stoaked to have been plucked from regular earth cuz he had something due in a few days, and now he's off the hook cuz he's in a whole new world. Remember, I'm learning all my writing skillz from a "Idiots Guide to Creative Writing!" - I am living up to the Idiot banner so far.

MOVIES:
Zodiac: Looked really good. David Fincher is a good director as far as makin shit look cool as fuck. And we're talkin about most of this shit set in god awful northern cali, and he makes it look dark and cool. BUT, I'd read the book that this is based on (so this is like the story of the dude gonna write the book, which is just how the book is too) so it was pretty fuckin boring. Kinda neat, but if you read the book, there's NOTHING new or exciting in the flick. Guess what: they never caught Zodiac!!! Oh noes, it's not a spoiler, thats history!!! Muahahaha... and at the end of Passion of the Christ, Jesus dies or something! I actually don't remember the end to that flick, but I mean that's prolly what happened.

Teh Fountain : Aronofsky, the dude who did Pi. Some of my friends saw this and absolutely HATED it, so of course I went in expecting to love it... I thought it was ok. Once again, another good looking movie. Kinda neat what he tried to do with havin the 3 different time periods mixing around (conquistador, modern, and weird future...) The actors were all the cat's pajammers, I think the weakest thing was just that its not the CLEAREST story. But I also didn't find it so artsy you couldn't enjoy it. It was fine.

ON DECK: Vacancy, and then from the library I checked out 3 flicks: The Wild Bunch, Beverly Hills Cop 1, and Donnie Darko. Gonna watch this Donnie movie now, heard good stuff.