Sunday, February 04, 2007

I think the most informative comment in the dice thread was "This study fails to account for the importance of the roll or the weapon being fired and its effect on the roll."

Definitely food for thought. I had never even briefly considered that rounding the corners might affect the statistical distribution. That guy has offered to post his full data. I'll probably check back and see if he delivers.

I'm not sure what effect rolling all the dice in a batch would have, but I think it would just introduce more chaos into the process. That is almost just another experiment.

Still haven't played Combat Commander. Work is going to be fucking me over for at least the next month so I doubt I will have a chance to play it for a while. Looking forward to it though!

3D Space Hulk is kind of a misnomer in that the regular Space Hulk is already 3D. I propose he change the name to "Space Hulk Extreme" or "Space Hulk: Outrageous!" In either case it is pretty bad-ass.