Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Be Here, Mon

Much like Art, I am still sputtering about after the holidays. Things totally shut down for a few days, and it is hard to get back on the motivational wagon again. News and notes from around the league:

- Combat Commander: Europe is the greatest game ever.

- Zelda is pretty fun too.

- The DS is a great little system.

- Our house should go to market beginning of Feb. And no, we have no place to move, but rather than find something, get our hopes up, and then have our sale lag and therefore miss our dream house, we are waiting for ours to enter escrow, then we will immediately hit the Great Gay/Hippie North and find a humble abode.

- The Descent was not a terrible movie, but it wasn't good. I liked the creepy crawling scenes through the tunnels, including the collapse, because not 5 seconds earlier I was telling myself I would NEVER do that because what happens if for some against all odds reason, there is an earthquake and the whole tunnel collapses on me. I liked the old spelunking artifacts and the first time the crazy bat men were on the screen. I also liked whatever park they were in cause that place was beautiful! Other than that, it was a stinker, particularly the whole Chicks as Rambo thing. I like the ending too. Fitting. Wow. I typed WAY more than this really deserved.

- Spam Musubi from Back home at Lahaina is AWESOME! Even better when you go during happy hour and you get it for $1.13 per order along with your $2.00 Widmer Hefeweisen pint. Delicious and cheap as F!