Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bits and Tits

Sushi: Awesome. My GF and I had some great happy hour sushi last night and then went and watched The Good Shepherd. That is a pretty long movie. I liked the time period portrayals and the characters. Good movie. It was Fun CIA paranoia goodness.

Also watched In the Pursuit of Happiness the night before. That was a hard movie to watch. Tough watching the main character fail slowly and slip in to worse and worse situations. I don't usually get so engrossed into a movie that I start to feel as if I am a character in the movie, but in this case I did. About two thirds the way through the movie I started worrying about where I was going to stay that night after the movie and how I was going to get money to eat. I mean just a freaky two or three second period of anxiety and then I would remind myself that I am not in his situation. Anyway, in the end his perseverance pays off, but it is a tough road getting there.

The descent was pretty good I thought, although I way liked the first half much more than the second. The creatures were just a bit silly and weak once they became more than just flitting images in the corner of your eye or a brief couple of frames in the front. Elzar: that part in which they are crawling through the tunnel barely wide enough to get through... Oh my lord was that absolute agony for me to watch! I have a tough of a claustrophobic personality and man that was brutal. In a lot of ways this was the scariest part of the movie for me. I am with you. I would not be caught dead in a cave like that.

Speaking of parks and what not... eLzar, since you like beautiful nature action, once you and the family get situated in the great "San Francisco Values" north ('cause we don't hate everything that isn't white protestant anglos) we should go on some sweet hike/park adventures. I am sure there is a lot of cool shizite in the Santa Cruz mountain areas and there is a lot in the Peninsula and Marin areas that are awesome to visit. Speaking of which... Jon we should go on a few soon with our special lady friends.

Spam: Uggg!

Warmachine: So pumped about the new Prime rules. I thought about them for the first time on Thursday (I have been sort of in a Warmachine void lately). We should make a group trip when it comes out (Read: sad excuse to make a run at the game store and get some beer). Kind of like "Jack in the Box" *Wink* *Wink*.

Rude: that is a pretty sweet line rider. I always thought it would be fun to make a track, but I am always too lazy to actually do it. Three cheers to ActionTeam glory! Myke Myke motobyke death jumps! A doctor AND an excellent stunt man apparently. You did forget to add two key elements: The pee and requisite key turning.

The DS is pretty sweet. My GF has been hopelessly addicted to hers (Particularly Mario Cart and the new Mario Brothers mini-games for some reason). I'll have to pry it from her hands next time she falls asleep playing it. Brilliant!

More political ranting: Saddam was a sadistic genocidal paranoid bastard whose dictatorial leadership of the baath party led to his ascension to power in Iraq on a political system strongly modeled after Hitler and the Nazi party. And yet, somehow we managed to make one of the most vilified men in the world, even by his own people, in to a martyr by lynching him. Great. Screw policing the rest of the world. We can not even police ourselves.

In other news: Man the Germans... Best safety training video evAr.

D>M>