Saturday, December 02, 2006

Back on the Internets at last

For the last week we've been in the process of moving and I've had no internet. What a brutal week. Who would've known that in that one small apartment we would've had over 50 boxes of junk (many of which are still parked in the living room). The place is close enough to the old place that we were able to just walk all the furniture there, but moving is never fun no matter what.

Still, it's done. Thanks again to Enron and Eyeball for the help. And the new place is a HUGE improvement over the old place... cleaner, bigger, nicer, generally better.

The craziest night was on Wednesday when we moved stuff continuously for 4 hours, I mean I was constantly in motion. I was wiped the next day but also noticeably toned. The upside was that I got to beat the shit out of a cabinet with a claw hammer to destroy it, that was fun.

They have finally gotten smart and converted me to permanent at work, so that's good... substantial raise plus no longer having to pay for my own benefits = huge raise. I've signed the paperwork and have to go to HR training and shit on Monday. After all this bullshit though I can't shake the feeling that it's gonna fall through somehow. My current theory is that it's gonna be like in Goodfellas, when Joe Pesci thinks he's finally going to get made, but instead they lead him into an empty room and shoot him in the back of the head.

Aeryk... you'll be happy to know that I've finally picked up a WoW deck. Huzzah! You may now address me as Elendril, Night Elf Hunter! I have an ancient bone bow and two tigers named Fury. To complete the WoW experience I vote that we play that mining sound on endless loop in the background, and boast to each other about our level 60 characters that are "in the card box I left at home." /spit

Actually I see the first Raid Deck (Onyxia) is coming out pretty soon. That's a cool idea. It's a preset 110-card deck that one player controls; the other players each control a hero and cooperate to take down the dragon. Neato.

I have a bunch of rambling to do about the Secret Santa we are doing at work but I have rambled enough, so I'll save it for another time! Sneak preview: Secret Santa can be dumb.