Sunday, October 01, 2006

Family Circus, no doubt. BUt that Marmaduke page was definately good. I don't think I ever really looked at a Marmaduke very closely. Oh, reminds me of the Garfield that one website takes all the text out of - that was another classic find.

Sounds like a cool show jon. I remember us all going to Tom Petty at the hollywood bowl, haha. I was just at the bowl a few weekends ago to see Ryan Adams (he opened for Willie Nelson.) They've changed it a little, and it definately sounds better and there's jumbo-screens also so you can see better. BUT, best thing about that place is you can bring in yer own food and booze, and there's always cheap ass tickets for the shows, so it was pretty fun.

Just finished re-reading Cryptonomicon. Wow, still a really good book. The ending made perfect sense to me this time around - I think I ran thru it so fast the first time, I totally misunderstood the very last scene. Yeah man, he's a good writer. I'm gonna give another go at Quicksilver, but I have a feeling I'm gonna end up skimming it again or not even finishing it. It still has the bookmark in it from when I first got the book and it looks like I made it through a quarter of it. Rough.