Monday, October 02, 2006

Calamity Card: Flood All tokens removed from board

You may have heard, a monstrous storm/typhoon sweeped over my part of dodge over the weekend causing havoc to the power grid, water supply, and communication systems. There were stranded vehicles in the flooded areas, the wind skidded cars off the roads and flushed it into drainage dictes. 2 cars, I saw, somehow got lifted onto 2 hedge walls, probably lifted by the high water. Manila and where I live were the hardest hit. There is absolutely no lights, computers, aircon available. Supposedly the power will be restored by tuesday (tentative from the gov) There are some areas already restored but the damage is extensive. According to some locals, this has been the worst typhoon theyve had in a decade. Since friday, I did not take a shower and ranked of hot beaded sweat.

I arranged a quick departure to the Hong Kong for the next few days. The airport even had a blackout right before I got on the plane. I wonder how the plane even left.

Needless to say it's been interesting. I was going to videotape the whole storm and upload it on google, but I didn't have a camera on me at the time.