Sunday, April 23, 2006

Goldenrod

I don't think I hated PBI. I think I always just showed up too late to play.

So, I grew out a goatee. What do you know, there's about a 1-inch square patch of gray whiskers in it. WTF is up with that!?? I have a couple of gray hairs (like 3) on my head as well. Disturbing! I'm gonna shave the beard today so I never, ever have to think about or worry about getting older, ever again.

Enron and I had some good time gamin' yesterday. We met out at Endgame and picked up the newly released Hordes rulebook. I'm not particularly planning on collecting a Hordes faction, but it's nice to have the rulebook since it has the fully errata'd ruleset in it.

(The only difference between the factions is the difference between Focus and Fury. In a nutshell, Fury is a reversal of the Warcaster-->Warjack focus relationship. The monsters generate Fury points by doing the kinds of things that Warjacks need to spend focus on (boosting rolls, extra attack, power attacks, etc.). The warlock in turn transfers that generated Fury to himself and spends it to power his spells and attacks. However, the warlock's ability to transfer the Fury off the beasts is limited, and if you push them too far you run the risk of getting them super-fuckin'-pissed at which point they frenzy and become uncontrollable. I haven't played with my box set yet but it seems like a fun variation. Perhaps Enron and I will have a Magnus vs. Skorne smackdown soon!)

Anyway, the most important news of all is that I am once again the rightful owner of Whitey Snakebitey!