Tuesday, February 14, 2006

There I was, there I was, there I was... IN the Congo.

Yeah, Guitar Hero is pretty fun. Initially, it was odd for me, because as Art put it, it was like relearning guitar. Then, it came perhaps somewhat easier for me because I had "training" in guitar. Also, if you know the songs to almost any extent, you will have a leg up.

I knew about half of them, some of them intimately (Ace of Spades/Motorhead, Unsung/Helmet, Bark at the Moon/Ozzy, Infected/Bad Religion, and some others) which helped. So, in total, I spent probably 6 hours in one day playing my guitar with my band, One Beer Mary, and Art put in another hour with my character, and we beat the game on medium. At one point, I had had enough and couldn't do the harder songs on the last level, and Art took over like a man possessed, and kicked the Stevie Ray Vaughn and Ozzy in the ass for me! It waas quite the spectacle! his eyes rolled back into his sockets for one part, I swear!

So yeah, it's a really fun game, and I was fired up to get it, and still am, but since we basically beat it in one day, I was a little put off of picking it up right away. Of course, that was on medium, and only used 4 of the 5 keys, so there is a whole other world of guitar hurt waiting to be laid upon upon my brain at the harder levels....