Thursday, February 16, 2006

STFU Review

Apologies for not having given a report earlier - thanks for all of the good wishes, they were much appreciated and gave me some sanity on Sunday night. I will post a longer review tomorrow and my own results to the survey (probably once everyone's already lost interest). The interview was grueling, 12 hours, from 8 til about 8 at night, including difficult questions during dinner even! Besides that, the Latin seemed to go ok, but I've no real idea about if it was good enough. My other talk was ok, and the students were good. I'm a little worried about ending up teaching things I'm not really interested in for the rest of my life, but possibly that won't really be how it would work out. Now, it's just a waiting game to see what happens. They should let me know within two weeks from last Monday I think. I'll let you know when I hear. If I hear negative news, I am considering using Jael's suggestion for a 3d6 based attack - fortunately it was not necessary on the day itself.

Got to have a drink or two with Enron, and a call to Jon (hope you're feeling better buddy). Now I'm grading papers, and am thinking of developing a dice based grading system. Any suggestions?

More tomorrow afternoon, when I'll be bored and grading papers.

Elrock, so you're Convenshun bound? Fancy going on Sunday? Then we could go together.

Rudy - its great to see you posting, and its been so long since we communicated. Hope things are going well for you! You still nearby?

Myke