Monday, March 21, 2005

(This post is guaranteed 100% WoW-free.)

Sometimes I kick ass. Yesterday I was in a pretty awful mood about various things but then I made this dinner consisting of chicken souvlaki and stuffed eggplant that was so awesome that it turned my mood completely around and gave me an erection to boot. It seriously ruled. The taste and tenderness level of the chicken was perfect with delectable pieces of zucchini broiled alongside the chicken to savory perfection. The eggplant, stuffed with a combination of the scooped-out pulp, garlic, feta cheese, white wine, and other stuff, tasted marvellous and the parmesan and breadcumb mixture adorning it was baked to a crispy ideal.

Cooking rules! When it works.

It was a very good weekend for food actually. Aaron's dad generously included my girlfriend and I on a dinner excursion to a pretty fancy-pants restaurant. We had some great wine with it too. I had some good ahi tuna but the best thing was the caramelized onion tart. Man, caramelized onions are the best. Anyway, Aaron, thanks to you and Pat for bringing us along, it was good stuff. I can't believe you mentioned the Atkins diet salad dressing a) while we were eating salad in a fancy restaurant b) in front of your dad and grandmother. You are a wild man!