Thursday, March 17, 2005

heh... "feedin the ducks"

I'm planning to keep most of the stuff I have here, either in storage or my dad will take over my lease in the meantime, since he still needs a place to stay. I think that works out. My trip will be roughly a 3 month evaluation period to see if I feel it's the right job to take. And luckily, I'm pretty mobile, in terms of finances and assets. I don't have any long term mortgages, monthly obligations, or wife/baby that I have to contend with, other than my monthly rental for my apartment. My contract is up and I have been paying on a month to month basis and so opting out is not a huge problem. The nice thing about all this is that when I move to the phillipines, I'll be staying at the company rental house which is a place where all the company visiting employees stay. That means I won't have to worry about the rent and bills for the next 3 months. The downside to that is, I'm not sure how comfortable company housing is. My guess is that it won't be too comfortable.

Yeah, I feel you aaron. I've been the victim of a few similar job interview cancellations. And the hit rates for me has been really flawed. In fact, I hate it when it seems like they really like you and then you never hear back or they end up hiring someone else. It just happened to me again 2 weeks ago. I don't think i've ever been highly recommended by anyone though, so in that aspect, you have a legs up.