Sunday, August 01, 2004

Rogaine and Propecia works

Fyi, for my friends first.

After 2 months of consistent application and eating prop, I am seeing little butt fuzz grow longer. Cosmetically, it doesn't even resemble a long black hair, or visible at a long distance, and it grows SO SLOW, 2 month = 1 mm.
But it is growing nonetheless. I have also noticed a decrease in the rate of fallout hair. However I cannot verify my second claim as that's not visible or accurately countable. But if I had kept on shedding, my hairline would have receded more by now?

I will continue Consistently using (that's key) for the next 4 months and see if those millimeters of growth will continue. I have no idea if 1) the hairs will even grow into large strands of visible hair, or continue to be thin small fuzz. 2) or if the medicine will continue to work.

BTW, mine is of frontal recession.

Side effects: I have not noticed a loss of libido. There doesn't seem to be any visible side effects with Propecia.

Rogaine creates a flakiness of the skin. At first, this may seem like its causing more irreparable scalp damage, but it's part of the side effects, and I certainly hope it's not irreparable.

Final thoughts:
In the past I have used both rogaine and propecia, on and off monts at a time. I wonder if using them makes you addicted and therefore will cause further loss when you stop applying the medicine.

All these uncertainties!

Johnny