Friday, June 18, 2004

I just bought Battle Ball by Parker brothers

It's kinda of a crazy impulse buy but I finally went to Toys r us after months of wanting to peruse their board game section. It looked like a psuedo Blood bowl with 22 cool looking miniatures that I couldn't pass up. I'm playing it by myself right now. Kinda interesting... very simple game, could be fun.

check it out

www.playbattleball.com

AMENDED 8:53 pm thur
Ok... once again, Parker brothers has created a game for IDIOTS! I understand the need to make a game simple for ages 8 and up, but god forbid, let's treat these kids like their dumbasses..

Parker brother game designer: "lets build a game for kids!"
Game designer 2: "okay!"
Game designer 1: "Kids just want to eat little toy soldiers, so lets forget making rules!"
Game designer 2: "you deserve a raise!" (eyes fill up with tears) Let's make sure that we put the Ages 8+ sign on the box to denote that we created this game for Idio.. uh I mean kids.

Ok.. another 19 dollars down the tube. But the good part is, I can make some house rules for the cool looking playing pieces and board.