Monday, November 25, 2002

OUCH

My body just doesn't take damage like they used to. I wonder if Dungeons and Dragons accounts for physical ailments when characters get old and they heal at a slower rate. Anyways, last night I was playing tennis and I guess I failed my savings throw. Landed on my right ankle in an awkward position that was unable to support the full 180 pounds of my weight. My ankle caved and there was some nice popping noises. The Doctor won't be available until tomorrow so I just went out and bought a pair of crutches until then. It's amazing how long it takes to see a doctor nowadays. Good doctors are just so swamped with patients that they hardly have time for more appointments. That's pretty sad. In the old days, when people went lame, I guess they just offed them. That's why there wasn't as many patients.

What are you all doing this weekend? My family is planning a vacation and of all the places to go, were going to LA. Having lived there for 12 years, I don't see how it can be called a vacation but that's the plans.

Review: Die another Day ------ B

Overdone and repetitive, James Bond movies have really digressed into two really primitive themes: Plenty of Sex and Plenty of Action. Gone are the days where there was actually some kind of theme and plot developement. Gun fights were followed by car fights, then followed by sex scenes and then more sword fights and gun fights. Just mind numbing action throughout the movie. Sometimes the action seemed so ludicrous that you lost track of why they were fighting in the first place.

But who can argue with success? Surely not the mass audiences who watches the bond films. Sex and fighting is what people wants to see. They want cheesy pickup lines, titty and ass shots, and rolling around in passionate and unquenchable sexual fantasies. Audiences crave well coreographed fighting scenes and random violence that lack a need for reason.

As for me, that is probably the last Bond film I'll watch till they change again. Hopefully they will go back to the days where special effects and digital graphics were not so emphasized and go back to when movies were actually made with loveable characters and a well developed plot.