Monday, September 09, 2002

Action RADio v1.1

Thanks for the kind words about the station, hopefully we can make it R0x0rz!!!!

The server boasts that I can have 32 connections, though you can set any number based on server bandwidth. Yeah sorry about the frequency etc., I had it high cause I was testing it at home and wanted it to sound good, so I have lowered it to 40kbps, and 22kHz with stereo support. Hollar if I need to drop it even more, I hope not cause it sounds like crap as is..... As far as a high vs. low bandwidth options, I would need two servers for that, I only have one box running the "station" right now, and don't really want two, any volunteers? Then again, I might learn more about this and find out some workarounds for it, who knows. There are all sorts of goodies and whatnot to add/enhance the radio experience, perhaps one day I'll get to them...

Yeah, I'm using SHOUTcast.

I'm thinking about the whole cycling different themed playlists (manually of course, ugh...) as well as only running the tunes during certain hours. Also maybe a current playlist page? Yay or nay?