Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Elrick and I have had more bumbling adventures in the world of 7 Days to Die.  We had a few more attics stocked up as mini-bases, but we honestly get so hosed by the hordes, we decided to move out of the city and look for a more barren spot call home. I don't get to play as often as E, so he's way ahead of the curve on crafting shit. I like the way their system works.

Basically, if you have the mats for an item in your inventory, it shows up on a list of stuff you can craft. Then, when you click on that items name, it shows you the slot layout but not what items go in the slots. For the most part it's pretty intuitive, but it still has a little bit of mystery to it. Then, once you've built something once, all you have to do is click on it in your list and it will fill in the slots for you as long as you have the stuff. So, speeds things up after you figure it out.


Steam allows voice chat through their chat system which is cool, but it might be the reason I'm having memory issues and crashing a lot when we play. But voice chat makes shit SO much easier. I'll look into ways to optimize my memory bullshit. Maybe the game as a memory leak, who knows.

***********
Playing my first solo game of Robinson Crusoe right now. Going as shitty as expected. Getting some rules wrong of course, and even with multiple user made FAQs and other player aids, it has some shitty rules. But it's a fun game and I'm excited to try and actually win. Plus, if I can get some solo games under my hat, I think I'll have a better chance at getting the wifey to try it.