Thursday, May 09, 2013

| Magic Realm, the new World in Flames

Remember those guys at the old, old Orccons that would have the huge magnetic mapsheets up in open gaming for the whole weekend?  Those jokers were playing ONE game of World in Flames all weekend.  I think Enron and Oriental Rugs partook of some of that action, so they can better comment, but I think we could be those guys with an even OLDER game - Magic Realm!

Okay, I don't think it takes THAT LONG, at least when Blackheart, Pumpkin, and I played, it tool much less because I think we all got into some unwinnable combats early on that sealed our fate.  We also weren't playing with all the rules...

I think I'm in for a day of the Realm... I will bring my kit and all THREE oversized versions of the rulebook to help us through the ordeal.  My only concern is that since it will take up to 16 players, we are likely going to get hop-ons so we need to plan our defense accordingly.

Oh yeah, to your question r00d:  Yes, Avalon Hill Difficulty 9 means 'Easy'.  I think Naval War was an 8, so it's just marginally more involved than that....