Tuesday, April 02, 2013

| Cryptic Dweller

My favorite title of one of his pieces because I'm PRETTY SURE he aped, er, re-appropriated the title from a band that played in the quad during lunch at Costa.  IIRC, the band started playing a cover by Slayer (South of Heaven) and once the song got going, a pit started, trashcans were thrown and the vice principal at the time, I forget his name but he had a black-belt of some sort, started kicking ass to control the kids and the show was shut down before the song ended.

Anyone else remember that?

If the LA Times ever ran a contest to guess where the title of one of JP's pieces came from and then you would win the piece, I would TOTALLY win it unless one of you pricks jumped in after hearing my story and actually won...

PS I think his style looks like the stuff he would paint on Warhammer standards in high school.  Just instead of space marines, skulls, and dragons he now paints dongs, skulls, and Shivas.