Sunday, March 03, 2013

| Netflix

A couple of movies I've enjoyed on Netflix this past week were Safety Not Guaranteed and The Last Exorcism! Safety Not Guaranteed is a "quirky" romantic comedy/drama that has a brilliant premise - a team from a magazine go in search of a guy who placed a classified add looking for someone to time travel him. We've all seen the real ad: Wanted: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before. It was great!

The other flick, The Last Exorcism, I watched only because the sequel just came out. It's a "found footage/documentary" joint but it's got a great setup that I wasn't expecting and it is SO FUCKING SCARY for big chunks of the time. A sequel to the LAST exorcism seems kinda silly, but you really should see this first one.