Friday, March 08, 2013

| I'm not dead yet!

So, yeah. Nearly checked out last week. That's a bit of a weird thing to happen to a guy outta nowhere. Thought I was having some low back/hip pain or something.. started stretching it out and doing some light exercising. Next morning I woke up and my quad/hammy felt sore so I thought maybe I had over done it on the stretching. Gave it another day. Next day, whole leg was swollen up from my toes to my hip, could barely move, walk, whatever without being in stupid bad pain.

Anyway, from there went to the hospital, got transferred to another hospital with advanced equipment and surgeon types. What was scheduled to be a 1.5 hour procedure wound up being slightly over four hours to remove a solid blood clot from my calf up into my abdomen. Best part of that was the necessity that I be awake through the whole surgery. SURPRISE! WIN!

Long story short, I'm not 100% out of the woods but I'm still sucking oxygen and glad to be here to bitch about all of it.