Monday, January 28, 2013

| Hivvy-T And Indigenous Dangers

Game recaps:
I'm glad I got to try Dreadball. Those kind of games always intimidate me, but it turned out to be pretty intuitive and fun. I don't think I earned the win because I was being super sloppy, but I'll take it.

Glad people liked Lords of Waterdeep. It's not the (water)deepest game, but like Kingdom Builder, it's mellow and relaxing. FYI, the tiny adventurer meeples that you played with didn't come with the game, but were made by a fan in Canada who was selling thru BGG. The real game comes with boring colored wooden blocks. You still end up saying "I need 3 orange and two white", but at least it's funner to look at.

Grown-up Flashpoint was surprisingly awesome and I'm glad we bothered to learn how to play. Now, I can see that game getting a lot more love.

Space Cadets was not the game I expected. I really like it, but I hope we play it earlier next con and more often, because I feel like there's a ton there we didn't get to experience. I was expecting a party game, but it really was Artemis the board game.

Dungeon Fighters was the awesome party game that came out of nowhere for me. That shit was fun and a pleasure.

The other fun party time vroom starter was Cards Against Humanity. I didn't expect to like it from what little I knew going in, but it was awesome with our group. We're always late with the million dollar ideas!

I'm surprised we got a quarter game of Trajan in! I'm not the master at explaining medium weight Euro's, but the guys who tried it were champs and hopefully it can be played to completion in the future.

Frisbee is ALWAYS the best with you guys. Cayukos is our home away from home. F dead birds.

Steetsoccer. AKA Footy. It's cool but Jael was too cocky with his one win, so that game can eat a d. (In a year I'll be ready for a rematch!)

Kingdom Builder is always boss and perfectly calming.

Zooloretto Dice and Carcassonne Discovery were good filler while we waited for the 2nd group to show up. String Railway was not as bad as some people seem to think. Not the worst game! It will be back in '14!

Thanks again for cooking Enron and bJorn! Thanks for driving Jael! Thanks for hooking up the spot Elrick! Everyone else, see ya in the pit.

(insert funny emoji's of grandma and skulls and shit and knives and baby chicks and fingers and)