Monday, January 28, 2013

| Euro Game Recipes

Dude, I bought an extra big slow cooker JUST for this convention! Only reason I didn't bring it was I didn't drive this time and Jael's car was already super packed. I got one ready for the next one.

Speaking of amazing slow cooker meals, I'm going to give you my super easy recipe for the most amazing shredded beef for tacos ever. It is the Resistance of foods.

~3lb Tri-Tip roast (you can catch them on sale at Ralphs n shit for $10ish instead of $20ish - Other types of roast work, but tri-tip shreds the best and really tastes the best)
1 cup beef broth
1/2 a can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce (these little 7oz cans)
1 7oz can Salsa Verde (like this one)
1 7oz can Whole Green Chile (like this)
Half an onion, sliced

Salt Pepper Garlic the meat and trim off any excess fat. Plop it in your crock pot. Throw in everything else. Cook. If I have all day I'll do around 8 hours on low, if I start it later, 5 hours on high. Maybe an hour before its dinner time, get in there and shred the beef with two forks - it will fall apart. We flash fry some corn tortillas then have at it. The kid likes to add shredded cheese, but the meat is tasty enough for me without anything beyond the corn tortillas.

It's like 15 minutes of prep time, at most. Really easy and good. Give it a shot! The more chipoltle peppers you add, the hotter it'll be. About 3-4 peppers isn't gonna kill anyone, but if you're sensitive to them you can do less.

That shit is the best.bat

AMAZING CON GUYS! Always fun. I was getting home sick by the end for sure, but I had a great time. I always wish more games were played, but it's just how it always goes. The socializing is the real reason for the gathering anyways.